Friday, April 9, 2010

Garden Status

Well, I never did get the seeds I posted about below.  It's a looooong story!  Do NOT order from the place I linked in that post.

In the end, I was able to get pretty much the same varieties at a local garden center.

Here are 2 of my beds.  They have plywood bottoms and are on the deck because we are having some major landscaping work done in our backyard soon.  The sides are ugly because my father-in-law gave me some wood scraps.

















Here are the other 2 beds.  The one with the new wood is my deeper box for potatoes and carrots.

















Some of my sprouties!!!!  The biggest ones are snake gourds.  Luke picked them out.  The others are:  Green Zinnias, Dwarf Sunflowers, and Forget-me-nots.  Luke also picked out the Forget-me-nots because he wanted some blue flowers.
































These are my 4 tomato plants.  From Left to Right:  Better Boy, Sweet 100, Early Girl, and Grape Tomatoes.  They just have stakes for now.  Pretty soon they'll need cages.  In front of the tomatoes will be:  yellow squash and zucchini.












In the top left 2 square are onions.  Next to those will be 2 varieties of cucumbers - Straight 8 and Natl. Pickling Cucumbers.  My husband only likes 1 kind of pickles in the world, the kind his grandmother made, so we're working on getting the recipe.  In the front row will be 2 varieties of leaf lettuce, dwarf sunflowers, and green zinnias.
Starting in the top left - Spinach, Multicolored zinnias, Okra, Forget-me-nots.
Bottom left - Parsley, Basil, Cumin, Rosemary.



1 comment: