Tuesday, April 20, 2010

4/20 Garden Update

On April 14th, my dog got into my garden beds.  She ate some sprouts and dug around in other beds.  So I've had to replant a lot of plants.  And now there is netting over every bed so that hopefully the dog will stay away!!!
















My 4 tomato plants.  They each have a cage for support and there is chicken wire in front of this bed.
















Zucchini sprouts!!!!  I need to pull out a few of these, but I'm waiting to make sure that biggest one stays around!
















Squash sprouts!  Same thing with thinning these.
















These sprouts are getting ready to move outside.  I'm putting them outside for a little while each day to get them used to the sun.  They are:  Forget-me-nots, lettuce, pickling cucumbers and zinnias.
















These are still inside.  They are:  slicing cucumbers, 2 varieties of carrots, 2 varieties of lettuce, okra, cumin, and squash.

1 comment:

  1. Sherry one tip from one of my gardening boards was to thin by cutting rather than pulling so g/you don't disturb the other plants around it. It's something I'm going to try this year.

    ReplyDelete