Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Getting Healthy

We're getting healthy around our house.  It's about time!!!!!  We're not making a ton of changes all at once. I want to make sure we have the best shot at keeping this up.  Right now, here's what I'm doing:

  • Eating up all the unhealthy stuff we have in the house.  I can't stand to waste it.
  • No more soda at home.  Hubby and I will save soda for when we eat out.  (The kids don't drink it at all.)
  • I am exercising in the mornings, hopefully before the kiddos wake up!
  • I have eliminated coffee and switched to tea.  I know that a little coffee is not bad for you, in fact, there are some health benefits to it.  I tend to like a little coffee with my cream, though.  So I'll save tons of calories and money by not having to buy cream!
  • Healthier snacks - for me, that means more almonds and walnuts and less junk.
  • Fruits and veggies - we're getting close to being able to harvest some veggies from our garden!!!!  I'm making it a point to eat fruit with lunch every day.
My goal is not to lose a certain number of pounds.  In fact, I'm hoping I can stand to not get on the scale much at all!  My goal is to lose a couple of sizes.  My goal is also to just be healthier in general.  I'm reading a lot about superfoods and the science behind it is really interesting.  I want to change my mindset that food is for energy and being healthy and not just something that tastes good to fill up our bellies.

Organic fruits and veggies - They are expensive.  I was reading THIS article the other day.  It makes me sick.  So I think we will be switching to some organic produce.  We have a great farmer's market here, so I'm hoping I can find some good prices there.

No comments:

Post a Comment